[WikiEN-l] Re: Deciding on a chair

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 02:48:40 UTC 2004

Delirium wrote:
>If I were to have to pick a chair, I would most likely pick
>Martin (MyRedDice).  Mav is also a good choice I think,
>but I understand he's either officially or unofficially
>Wikimedia's treasurer (?), so if that's the case it may
>be best to not have one person wearing too many
>administrative hats (Jimbo excepted, of course =).

Well I'm just the guy who updates the account balances on the fundraising page
and who created a spreadsheet (with Ec's help) showing all PayPal donations
for 2003. Whether or not I become the official Wikimedia treasurer is up to
Jimbo and the community to decide.

Getting the work done is the important thing, so I'm just making sure it gets
done. If somebody else wants to do the work and can be sufficiently trusted,
then that would be one less hat I for me to wear and I could then
concentrate on other things that need to get done. Lacking that, I would be
honored to be Wikimedia's treasurer if and when I am appointed and confirmed.

With that said, I hereby second the nomination of Martin and Mark.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)