[WikiEN-l] How much?

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Jan 14 16:45:11 UTC 2004

As is well known, I'm somewhat conservative about what I think we
ought to show in Wikipedia.  The bounds of good taste are very
important.

Having said that, I think that the current article and diagram/photo
are not problematic.  This is very different from the 'clitoris'
picture (don't know the current status on that one), which looked
"like porn" to me -- in poor taste.

The diagrams and photo in this case are very "textbook" looking.

As to whether this sort of thing should go into a version of Wikipedia
intended for distribution to schools is perhaps a different matter,
and one that we will have to address specifically at some point in the
future.

--Jimbo