[WikiEN-l] A proposal to improve war-prone pages.

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jan 13 20:50:04 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>Viajero wrote:
>
>>Adam Carr demonstrated on articles like [[Anti-zionism]] that it
>>seems to make a huge difference if ONE individual takes charge of
>>the article with no particular authority except the confidence of
>>other contributors. Adam is by no means impartial (who is?) but he
>>has a gift for synthesizing various POVs into an effective, well-
>>written organic whole.
>>
>I think this will work for any topic, provided an individual can be
>found who can win the confidence of the other contributors. I myself
>have managed to gain a degree of trust at [[Silesia]], and I have
>hopes that it may be sufficient to enable me to do in the Balkans
>what Viajeron suggests for the Middle East.

Agreed.  To gain that confidence you need to be seen as listening to
both sides of the dispute.  It's an approach that is superior to the VfD
process.  Starting a discussion with "I want to delete your article."
does not promote a collaborative approach to the problem.  It brings out
defensive attitudes.

Ec