[WikiEN-l] New deletion policy suggestion

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jan 13 19:46:22 UTC 2004

Nikos-Optim wrote:

>The WikiMoney plan was mostly humourous, as I said:
>"dont take it very seriously".

Regretably, when things are said tongue-in-cheek, some readers see the
tongue as being in the wrong set of cheeks. :-)

>I agree to list pages first on Cleanup and then to
>VfD. For how much time would list the pages on
>Cleanup? I suggest to open a poll and let the
>community to vote on it. My vote is "same as VfD lag
>time", i.e. 5 days. But I don't really have any
>problem with the "2 weeks" suggestion.

Where's the urgency for such short periods.  People will work on these
things when they have the time.  A simple note at the top of the page
will often be a sufficient warning about the nature of the problem.
 Rule makers sometimes forget that even if the problem article falls
within a person's sphere of interest, the most valuable contributors are
often busy with articles or projects of their own; they should feel no
need to drop everything to take the time to properly research something
that another person considers inadequate.

Periodically recycling the Cleanup list through people's attention could
be more productive than pressure tactics.

Ec