[WikiEN-l] A proposal to improve war-prone pages.

zero 0000 nought_0000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 07:48:26 UTC 2004

I'll make some brief remarks on the responses
to my proposal.

1. Viajero suggested that it needed software changes.
  While some software assistance would be nice,
  it can all be done with the present software.
  The official page would be, say, [[Arafat is fat]],
  and the draft page would be [[Arafat is fat
(draft)]]
  or maybe [[Arafat is fat/Draft]].

2. Nikola mentioned the partiality of the committee
  as an issue.  There need not be a committee,
  that is just one possible implementation.
  Another is that the protagonists agree amongst
  themselves when some draft is better than the
  official page and ask a sysop to do the copy.
  In any case, the current system is that the page
  contents are decided by the most persistent fanatic,
  and anything has to be better than that.

3. John suggested that Wikipedia should in fact
  drop some issues altogether.  This is actually
  close to the way I really feel about it.  My
  suggestion for a process change is merely my
  best idea on how to avert this step.  Whatever
  path is taken, the present system is the worst
  option.

Zero.