[WikiEN-l] Please stick to the issue

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 18:13:25 UTC 2004

here is the issue. Watch carefully what the issue, and
watch the typical response.

Issue: I am just trying to restore the large amounts of
material that keep disappearing. We Wikipedians can't edit
it or improve it unless it is there to be edited. The
problem is that there is no discussion, no editing, no
alternatives given. People are not offering sources or
facts; they are just using their personal opinions, and
anger at Israel, to remove verified and important
historical facts.

I also have repeatedly stated that Danny is a very smart
man, and that he has been a great contributor in the past,
and can be again. Check out the Talk pages and Talk
archives for articles that both Danny and I have worked
together on. There are dozens of such explicit and positive
statements from me in the past few months. (Danny has not
reciprocated, and seems to get angrier each time I say
something positive about him.)  In recent days I had to
call Danny on his vandalism, but he seems calmer now, and
has stated that he is willing to work on editing. I am
certainly willing to take him at his word.

This issue needs to be resolved by people sticking to
facts, and not be censorship to push a pro-Arab agenda.

Yet few people are responding to the above argument.
Instead, this list is filled with ad homenin remarks, like
the below one from Stan:

"Not only have you yourself made the ugliest and most
hateful personal attacks that I've yet seen on Wikipedia,
you then have the unmitigated gall to pretend that you
haven't done anything. It doesn't say much for Wikipedia
governance that you haven't been banned forever for your
unacceptable actions."

This is sort of Sad. Stan continually hurls ugly personal
attacks, while I am only asking that we follow our usual
NPOV editing procedures. This is called projection, and it
is neither helpful nor reasonable.

I can only ask people to _try_ to stick the specific points
that both Jimbo and I have repeatedly raised, the points
that anonymous people have made (they are afraid to use
their real names, due to the way that Wiki-En users gang up
on people.)  If you stick to the issues, and stop the
non-stop personal attacks, we can get work done.

If you continue the personal attacks, it only shows who is
causing the real problem.

Robert