[WikiEN-l] Please stop the harassment and censorship.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 13:32:59 UTC 2004

Anthere writes about Danny and Jimbo:
> I still have not really understood why he left. I can't
> help to think that it *can't* be just because of Jimbo's
> comments.

Your sarcasm towards Jimbo does not make Wikipedia a better
place. Please desist.

Danny has made it clear why he left. There are over 100,000
articles on Wikipedia, and he made sure that he had to get
his way on every one that he edited. The first time he was
rebuffed on *one* article, he deleted his account and ran
away. Now some other user is running away as well, all
because some people would rather blatantly censor
information than jointly edit articles.

In contrast, I have seen a few regular users on this very
list get strongly rebuffed, and most of their edits
rebuffed on some articles (not just one.) Yet they don't
leave the project in a huff; most people here understand
that this is a group effort that strives to incorporate
multiple points of view.

Those people that cannot stand the sight of points of view
other than their own will eventually burn out.  It is up to
you which kind of user you would like to be.

It is not just me who feels this way: Others agree that
discussion is superior to politically motivated censorship:
>From the article's talk page.

"I just stumbled onto this article (I usually try to steer
clear of things like this). But it would be wrong to remain
silent on this one, Danny. This is nothing whatsoever wrong
or innacurate with the last sentence of the material you
have censored (it is factually accurate, just read the
textbooks; if you don't like the adjectives then change
those, but they are actually understated!), nor with the
bulk of the quotations. The material is entirely relevant
to the subject at hand. It is shameful of you to have
played the silly game of expunging the material time and
again. I don't intend to play that game or get involved in
this any further, but I do hope that others with not only
add back the material but make sure that Danny agrees to no
more censorship based on his obviously extreme political
biases. This is a real test for Wikipedia."

This person is correct.

By the way, Martin and Viajero are again *lying* about the
content of the article and are deleting vas chunks of it.
They are putting words into the mouth og Yassir Arafat and
others, makign them out to be saying the opposite of what
they actually are saying.

I understand that both of these people have a hatred of
Israel, but that does not give them the right to falsify
information and censor material. Sadly, this "edit war" is
not over.

I also am having problems with Martin, as AGAIN he is
treating me absuively on my own home page. I have already
made clear that this person is forbidden to do so; I will
not have people with pro-CI beliefs continually harass me.

Robert