[WikiEN-l] pictures of genetalia

Peter Jaros rjaros at shaysnet.com
Sun Jan 11 03:39:54 UTC 2004

On Jan 10, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Nikos-Optim wrote:

> --- tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> wrote:
>
> (humour follows)
> Now, I would like to make my own addition to the
> "offensive material" issue. Article [[Child]] has an
> offensive photograph! It is the photo of a White
> child. But not all children are white. There are black
> and yellow children too! So this article is offensive
> to non-Whites and it is written from a White's Point
> Of View, which is against the NPOV spirit! I strongly
> suggest to remove this photo and replace it with a
> photo showing three children: one white, one black and
> one yellow, representing the friendship between the
> races and the unity of humanity! (in case you are
> wondering, I am White).

Amen!  Personally, I find the picture on the [[Penis]] article *quite*
offensive.  Not all people have penises!  This article is inherently
sexist and should be deleted!

> (humour ends)

(BTW, absolutely no offense to Matt, who brought up the skin color
issue.  Just having a little fun) :)

Seriously, though, I agree that

>> Diagrams instead of photos would probably be better.

If only because diagrams tell you much more (eg.,
[[Image:Maleana2.gif]] vs. [[Image:Erect_penis.gif]]).  I have no
objection to pictures, and I think they are entirely appropriate, but
diagrams are more informative.  If the two are deemed redundant, I'd
rather have the diagrams.

Peter

---
Funding for this program comes from Borders without Doctors: The
Bookstore Chain That Sounds Like a Charity.
		--Harry Shearer, Le Show