[WikiEN-l] Re: pictures of genetalia

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 22:14:12 UTC 2004

cprompt a écrit:
> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 10:41, Anthere wrote:

>>Labelling the normal penis a "uncircumsized penis" is POV.

I repeat, labelling the normal penis a "uncircumsized" penis is POV

It is like putting on an article about [[teenager]], with two pictures
of two teenager girls, one white and one black :

as legend, "a white girl" and "a non white girl".

> I recall reading that in the United States, most men are circumcised,
> and in the rest of the world, most men aren't. Since both circumcised
> and uncircumcised are fairly common, it makes sense to have them
> side-by-side for comparison. Since men with pierced penises (ouch) are
> rather uncommon (so I would think), if we were to have a picture of one,
> I'd agree it shouldn't receive the same attention as the pictures on the
> top of the article.

in the United States, most men are circumcised
in the rest of the world, most men aren't

conclusion : both situations are common.

I do not know why, but I feel like I could go on a rant here. I really do.