[WikiEN-l] Effective bullying strategy.

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Fri Jan 9 22:50:07 UTC 2004

KNOTT, T wrote:

>From: Jimmy Wales wrote:
>

>>VfD is completely broken.  I say that here for emphasis because I
>>think we really should get rid of it entirely.
>>

>So do I. The very idea of deleting people's work, that they have freely
>given, is insulting, off-putting to newbies, and non-collaborative. I
>suggest that we delete VfD and use cleanup instead.

Have you looked at the crap that's been deleted lately?  Much of it
*was* on Cleanup first, sometimes for over a month, and most of the rest
either doesn't belong here, or is such terrible nonsense as to be
useless as a savageable starting point for a future article.

A sampling:
[[JumpTheCroc]], an idiosyncratic term coined on Wikipedia
[[Mac OS XI]], a made-up mac rumor that even the mac-rumor sites don't carry
[[The mo]], an animal invented by the submitter with a somewhat amusing
backstory
[[Soylent Greens]], a fictitious political party invented by the submitter

etc.

So I disagree; I think VfD is working perfectly fine.  Do those who
think otherwise actually read and participate in it (The Cunctator
excepted, because I know he does)?

-Mark