[WikiEN-l] Let's not get rid of VfD

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Jan 9 22:11:04 UTC 2004

Angela wrote:
> It was never deleted as two people on VfD suggested that at least
>some of the content was salvageable and ought to be merged elsewhere.

My mistake.  I was told that it was deleted, and found the redirect
but didn't realize that the page had not been actually deleted.

I would edit the last revision prior to the redirect and restore it,
but I wouldn't want people to think that this is some kind of
"official action" -- I already edited once today, which is scary
enough.  :-)

But perhaps if someone else did it, no one would freak out?  It seems
clear to me that this is a valuable topic.  I don't think that the
version that was there when the redirect happened was at all bad,
certainly much better than a lot of our articles.  Certainly, not so
bad that it had to be removed!

--Jimbo