[WikiEN-l] NPOV means that we acknowledge all views

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Jan 9 21:59:17 UTC 2004

Poor, Edmund W wrote:

>Robert (RK) appears, in the eyes of some Wikipedians, to be making the
>following argument:
>
> * Palestinians say they want peace, but
> * Here is the proof that they really want to destroy Israel.

I understand that people think that, but I think that's more out of a
general view people have of RK than something that comes from this
particular text.  This particular text contains reports of quotes
tending in different directions.  As far as I know, a slim majority of
Palestinians does not recognize the right of Israel to exist, so
clearly both views are common there, and this is reflected in the
quotes.

I'm sure the passage could be improved, but there's really no way to
characterize it as "rubbish" or "trash" that needs to be summarily
deleted.

--Jimbo