[WikiEN-l] NPOV means that we acknowledge all views

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 18:23:54 UTC 2004

Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Nonsense. I have done no original research at all. My only "sin" is that I
> made available very well known quotes that Danny and Zero want to hide. Thus
> the censorship.

No Robert.  Your sin (besides the fact you called me a Nazi, for which I will
not forgive you) is that you wrote the article as an entirely accurate piece
of propaganda.  As Ed sagely said, people -- yeah, even politicians -- say
different things to different and what you did in this article was gather all
the worst things Palestinian leaders said and dump them in one place.

Arafat has (many times) said terrible things about Israel and cynical things
about the Peace Process.  He has also said conciliatory things about both.

Your original draft of this article was composed of as many of the former as
you could muster, and none of the latter.  Then you represented these views as
if they were the incontrovertible and steadfast beliefs of the entire
Palestinian population (can you imagine an article entitled "US views of the
Iraq Conflict" that suggested such a united front -- laughable.)

You did these things because you are -- like all of us -- are utterly
incapable of being impartial in things that concern you closely.

That's why it was POV.

That's also why it shouldn't have been deleted.  Theres a good article in
there, showing how the stated views of the Palestinian leadership have changed
over time -- and a corresponding one showing the vicissitudes of the Israeli
leadership.

You and your various antagonists are *not* the people who should write them.

--
Gareth Owen
"Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page, there