[WikiEN-l] NPOV means that we acknowledge all views

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 18:13:00 UTC 2004

Fred writes:
> I believe RK's material could and should probably be
> presented in several paragraphs. What he has done is a
> piece of original historical research,

Nonsense. I have done no original research at all. My only
"sin" is that I made available very well known quotes that
Danny and Zero want to hide. Thus the censorship.

These quotes were widely quoted on TV, radio, the web and
in Arab newspapers. Ironically, on this issue there is more
free speech in the Arab world than on Wikipedia.

> which by citing particular statements made by
> Palestinians builds a strong case that at least some
> Palestinian leaders are insincere.

Please re-read my contributions; Unlike others, I have
tried very hard to include _all_ points of view. I also
have shown statements from Palestinian leaders who think
that the peace process should be permanent and sincere.
Both views exist. I cannot imagine why it is controversial
to note this.

In an NPOV encyclopedia, we do not take sides with one
group or another. Rather, we show the range of positions
that exist, we document these positions with quotes and
sources, and allow readers to make up their own minds.

This text may need to be edited, sure. But no one can edit
it if it does not exist!

> However due to my experiences with him I would hesitate
> to rely on what he has done as he has often composed
> this sort of lengthy detailed article which by framing
> the debate in his terms and sytematically misrepresenting
> opposing positions distorts the situation.

Fred is clearly insinuating that they really don't have the
beliefs that they clearly say that they do, and that the
only way we can come to such conclusions is through my
"systematic misrepresentation".  Fred is wrong. His
position is only tenable if we assume that all Palestinians
constantly lie about all of their beliefs. Some do lie, on
occasion, but as these quotes show, the truth always shows
through.

In any case, Fred also totally misses the point...that
Palestinians have a number of points of view, not just one.
That is why I included multiple POVs. His claims to the
contrary are wrong. It is Fred and Danny who systematically
represent the Arab views by hiding all quotes they disagree
with, or denying their veracity.

Robert (RK)