[WikiEN-l] Re: Uninvited proposal

Dan Miller meelar2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 22:29:20 UTC 2004

A little draconian, anyone? This goes_way_too far,
IMO.

1.  Any non-rookie, engaged in an edit war, can simply
freeze out any rookie/anon in an edit war by making 5
quick edits.

2.  We don't know how many of our articles would fall
under "frequently edited".

3.  This is offputting to newbies, and we need_more_of
them, not fewer--without growth, our vitality is gone.

4.  The "reveal your real ID" provision is extremely
onerous.

5.  Facilitates the irritation of ANY unpopular user,
and increases the odds of factionalization and etc.

6.  Is generally unwikilike.

TINC my ass.

Meelar