[WikiEN-l] {{fairuse}} tag

Anthony DiPierro anthonydipierro at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:13:39 UTC 2004

> You could ask the uploader about it, or you could decide that the
> image is {{fairuse}} following the guidelines at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_description_page#Fair_use_rationale.

>  Angela.

The {{fairuse}} message currently says: "The individual who uploaded this
work and first used it in an article, and subsequent persons who place it
into articles, assert that this qualifies as fair use ..."  As that is
something impossible for a third party to determine, this message should be
changed.  Personally I use {{fairusein}}, which says: "This work is
copyrighted. The person who added this tag asserts that the use of this work
in {{{1}}} qualified as fair use of the material under United States
copyright law."

Anthony