[WikiEN-l] Re: Rebranding VfD

David Friedland david at nohat.net
Sat Aug 28 21:09:14 UTC 2004

The real task of VFD is to decide for any article listed there whether
or not it should be included in Wikipedia. If it is decided that an
article shouldn't be included, it gets deleted.

To me, then the most sensible name for the page where review of whether
or not an article should be included in Wikipedia would be [[Article
inclusion review]] (abbreviation AIR).

This has the added benefit of reflecting the fact that most articles
listed on VFD don't in fact get deleted.

This suggestion has been made on [[Talk:Votes for deletion]] and I think
is the suggestion that has the most merit, least of all because it
doesn't imply any actual change to the way VFD works.

- David