[WikiEN-l] Re: Anent Dartmouth, Again

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 28 01:34:16 UTC 2004

Jens Ropers wrote:

>> I guess I've learned that this
>> ideal of pluralism, tolerance, & mutual respect isn't even that
>> strongly
>> held within the Wikipedia community.
>>
>> Geoff
>
> Quite to the contrary, it absolutely is. What makes you think otherwise?

Maybe the constant lecturing and rather hostile attitudes proceeding
forth from both sides of this debate?

Fortunately, although these flare-ups are regrettably common, they also
gradually fade away. Hopefully with a little time for reflection, and
after we all resume a calmer mode of discussion, Geoff will find that
the ideals he cherishes are still alive and well.

--Michael Snow