[WikiEN-l] Image upload and tagging

Anthony DiPierro anthonydipierro at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:15:46 UTC 2004

I think we have too many tags to list them all.  Also, they are not mutually
exclusive, and in some cases I'm not sure the uploader will necessarily
understand them (we certainly have a lot of dubious claims of "public
domain").

I'd rather see a simple choice: 1) I have created this work and agree to
license it under the terms of the GFDL.  2) I have not created this work,
however I am permitted to incorporate it into Wikipedia under the following
license: [text box].  3) I have not created this work, however it is public
domain due to the following reason: [text box]. 4) I have not created this
work, however I believe it can be incorporated into Wikipedia under the
doctrine of fair use.

For those choosing 2 or 3 (which I assume is a minority), we can have new
tags which can be made more specific after being analysed.  We should also
have a text box for author information.

This would go a long way toward speeding up the tagging process.  I'm not
even sure if the rate of new untagged images is greater than the rate of
image tagging at this point.

Anthony