[WikiEN-l] Please deal with issues.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 16:30:51 UTC 2004

We still have a problem. I was hoping that people would
offer constructive suggestions to help fix the situation.
Ed Poor did, so did a couple of others. I am enthusiastic
about using Ed's suggestions to improve these articles.

However, Danny responded with ad homenin comments to me on
this list, and made an unfortunate comment on my user page
that I am somehow in violation of Wikipedia policy for my
recent letters. (A policy that can be used to ban
people...)

My letters here, with diffs and sources, are not
"hysterical" ad homenim attacks as he claims; they are
sincere efforts to correct a problem. Further, if you check
the history of these articles, you'll see many people work
on those articles besides me. I get along fine with all the
other people on the WikiProject for Judaism articles, which
says a lot, as all religion articles have the potential for
controversy! I can't understand why Danny would make such a
clearly incorrect claim (he says I work on these articles
alone) other than to get people to ignore my letters to
this list. That is not working in good faith.

I came here with diffs and sources to support my views. If
someone takes personal offense at me, that is fine, but
send me such strictures by private e-mail. Otherwise, such
people themselves are violation the no-personal-attacks
policy.

My original point still stands (and so far, no one has
disagred with me.):  There are people who hate George W.
Bush, and who think that he wants to kill all Muslims, and
that George W. Bush deserves to die. (They are wrong, but
whatever). The point is that we do not quote such people
when we want to accurately represent George W. Bush's
views. Rather, we quote and summarize George W. Bush and
his official spokespeople. (And of course, we quote and
summarize the views of groups that disagree with him.)

Our policy?  We never quote the views of people who hate a
group, and present them AS IF they were that group's own
views! That is fraud, and that is the issue that we need to
deal with. Not just for this article, but for all articles.
It would set a terrible precedent if we ignored this issue.

However, that is precisely the problem with some of Jayjg's
edits in recent days. This is unfortunate, because until
recently Jayjg has been a valuble contributor. That is why
I am asking for assistance. If you can help, please do so.
If you dislike me, e-mail me privately.

Robert (RK)