[WikiEN-l] Diffs and sources

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Aug 12 13:08:56 UTC 2004

Robert,

I know all this is crucially important to you, but I wish you would cool
down a bit. The Sabbath starts tonight, and I hope you will take some
time for reflection once the sun goes down.

To handle a controversy about sources, I suggest we DESCRIBE that
controversy. If a newspaper misquoted somebody about topic X, then we
should mention the "misquoting incident" in the article about X.

What you wrote could simply be marked up in Wikipedia format and
inserted verbatim into the article:

==Misquotes of Rabbi Uri Regev==

The newspaper editor who first wrote about Regev's words
was publicly forced to retract her claims. Columbia
University Journalism School Professor Ari Goldman called
the original story, which misrepresented Rabbi Regev, "irresponsible
journalism" and said that it violated several basic principles of
journalism regarding quoting people.

----

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
--Jewish saying, as quoted by Charles Schulz in "Peanuts"

Ed Poor
A member of the Mediation Committee