[WikiEN-l] Flagging US Nationalism (was: Toning down the personal remarks)

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Thu Aug 12 12:57:40 UTC 2004

see below :)

"Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:49:24 -0700
> From: "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] Flagging US Nationalism (was: Toning down the
> 	personal	remarks)
> To: "English Wikipedia" <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>

> I see no evidence that US nationalism is flagging. Rather, it seems to
> have increased since 9/11.
>
> Okay, let's see if we can put the worms back in the can now... ;-)
>
> Ed

Ah.
With reference to this dictionary entry (please read on below):

> From WordNet (r) 2.0::
>
> 	(...)
>
>      v 1: communicate or signal with a flag
>      2: provide with a flag; "Flag this file so that I can recognize
>         it immediately"
>      3: droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss
>         of tautness [syn: sag, droop, swag]

I didn't mean sense (3), I meant sense (2).
What an interesting ambiguity.

Thanks and regards,
Jens Ropers

There are two types of IT techs: The ones who watch soap operas and the
ones who watch progress bars.
http://www.ropersonline.com/elmo/#108681741955837683