[WikiEN-l] Here's what to do (was: Nationalist POV-pushing on Wikpedia)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Aug 10 13:43:12 UTC 2004

Roozbeh lamented, "Look at what 198.81.26.80 is doing."

And he also replied to my earlier comments:

> > Say that according to _this_ group of nationalists, the
> situation is
> > like this. Then say that according to _that_ group of nationalists,
> > the situation is like that.
>
> Already done. Won't work. They go and remove the other side's
> POVs, or revert to the not-yet-NPOV-ed version.
>
> See some of the articles' histories and you'll get what I
> mean. One example is [[Azerbaijanis]]
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Azerbaijanis&actio
n=history).

It wasn't all POV-pushing. A lot of it was also newbie friction.

I left an encouraging note on the talk page, and did a lot
of clean-up on the article. I hope collaborative work will
proceed more smoothly now.

Ed Poor