[WikiEN-l] Azerbaijan and Iran related articles

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 11:41:40 UTC 2004

There's been a recent wave of possible vandalizing or at least very
pointed edits (heavy removal of information, wiki links, and disputed
notices) on Azerbaijan and Iran related articles. Since I can't see
proper reversions or NPOVization, it seems that only very few people
care about the articles, and even from the short list, some of them
may be partial (like myself, I live in Iran).

This is rather important since the situation is rather bad now, and
while the two countries are in a good relation in the surface (the
Iranian president is visiting Republic of Azerbaijan as I'm writing
this), there are hot issues being discussed in the independent or
non-official newspapers and websites, published in Tehran, Baku, or
Tabriz, accusing "Persians" of anti-Azerbaijani behaviour (which
includes Iranian-Armenian relations), asking for autonomous status for
northwestern Iranian provinces, or accusing the ROA of funding
separatist movements in northwestern Iran (which the separatists call
"South Azerbaijan") and common maneuvers with the USA in the disputed
water borders in the Caspian Sea.

I would wish to ask people to give some Wiki love to some of the
pages, so we could really get some NPOV in the articles (google
searches leading to the articles may be increasing) and more people
could watch of the articles to help reduce the vandalizations. It's
always hard for likes of me the distinguish vandalization and very
pointed major edits that don't consider Wikipedia policy.