[WikiEN-l] Blocking without a reason, considered unreasonable

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Aug 4 13:03:18 UTC 2004

I repeat: nothing in Fred's posts of the last week involving making
policy.

He was merely clarifying what already _is_ policy.

You seem more exercised over the fact that someone is telling you what
to do, than over the question of whether the thing you're being told to
do is good or not. I can understand this sort of irritation. There's one
person I know who is a backseat driver; they can't navigate without
making nagging suggestions like, "Get in the right line now" and "Speed
up so you can make this light". It bugs me so much that sometimes I feel
an overwhelming impulse to balk -- just so I don't feel so darn
controlled.

Sorry if this is happening now on the list, for you, Rick. I don't mean
to put that kind of pressure on you, and I doubt that Fred wants to,
either.

Ed Poor