[WikiEN-l] Re: Block #1

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Aug 2 21:58:43 UTC 2004

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

> Yes, perhaps it was technically not against the rules for me to be blocked
> (at least not provably so).

I find it highly dubious that listing anything on VfD should be
bannable, or even remotely condemnable.

I don't understand why people take offense at something being listed on
VfD. If a majority thinks that the page should stay, then listing it on
VfD makes no difference. If a majority thinks that the page should be
deleted, then other people are going to list it too, so why get offended
at the first lister?

Similarly, I once received a message on my talk page saying, "Do you
mind not going and vfding other peoples articles." What are these people
thinking? That you're supposed to list only your own articles?

Timwi