[WikiEN-l] [roy_q_royce at hotmail.com: --A Request RE a WIKI Article--]

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Sep 25 23:27:08 UTC 2003

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I know too little about physics to have anything helpful to say here.
>Reading between the lines here, I'm guessing that Mr. Royce's views
>are not mainstream?  Is there any helpful accomodation that could be
>made here?

doubtful.
That article seems to draw in the crackpots like {insert image of choice
here}.
It is a waste of our time to go over their theories with them (the guy
who said measuring with a stick was a "more direct way of measuring"
wasted HOURS of my time).

I have recently been tempted to wipe most of that article's talk page
and leave only discussion about the article itself, and add a big notice
saying "WIKIPEDIA IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOUR OWN THEORIES".