[WikiEN-l] articles about Serbian history

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Sep 24 15:14:38 UTC 2003

Mirko-
> a user is currently adding dozens of articles about Serbian history. The
> content is copied from the website http://www.freesrpska.org. The
> webmaster of that site agreed to the usage under terms of the GFDL, so
> there is no copyright problem. But there is a BIG problem with the site
> itself. The page is full of blatant falsification of history. For
> instance, the article about Ratko Mladic on the website (not in Wikipedia,
> just on that site) reads: "Leader of the Serbian army in the defensive war
> that gave rise to the Republic of Srpska. It was the Army of Republic of
> Srpska, which heroically prevented mass slaughter of the Serbian
> population in former Bosnia and Herzegovina."

NPOV is our biggest problem on Wikipedia these days. Partisans are
everywhere and want to benefit from our high Google ranking and
increasingly good name. While I believe that the war against Serbia was
not justified, the material added by Nikola Smolenski is clearly too
biased to be added in that form. He should either do basic NPOV editing
before importing it, or not do it at all.

Regards,

Erik