[WikiEN-l] articles about Serbian history

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Wed Sep 24 14:48:03 UTC 2003

Hallo,

a user is currently adding dozens of articles about Serbian history. The
content is copied from the website http://www.freesrpska.org. The
webmaster of that site agreed to the usage under terms of the GFDL, so
there is no copyright problem. But there is a BIG problem with the site
itself. The page is full of blatant falsification of history. For
instance, the article about Ratko Mladic on the website (not in Wikipedia,
just on that site) reads: "Leader of the Serbian army in the defensive war
that gave rise to the Republic of Srpska. It was the Army of Republic of
Srpska, which heroically prevented mass slaughter of the Serbian
population in former Bosnia and Herzegovina."

Almost every article linked from the [[List of Serbs]] page includes a
link to that page. Even if the information in these articles is correct, I
feel very uncomfortable, if articles about Serbia are copies from such an
extremist source. I regard this as a potential damage to Wikipedia's
respectability.

Do others agree, or am I too hysterical?

Mirko (User Cordyph)