[WikiEN-l] Re: Undeletions

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 03:35:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Brion Vibber wrote:

> >Brion-
> >>I've added a more convenient link into the undeletion system, which will
> >>show in bold at the top of the page when viewing a page which has been
> >>deleted (if you're a sysop).

> So far one compliment vs one complaint. About usual. :)

Another compliment for you, then: I hereby nominate it for Most Useful New
Feature of the Year 2003. :)

I'd previously undeleted things either by going to the big long list of
deleted things, which took ages to load, or by cobbling the right URL
together manually, which was slightly annoying. So I think that the new
feature is very useful.

However, I see Erik's point about it being too prominent (I think that's
what he meant by "annoying" ;). Would just making it not bold any more be
a satisfactory compromise?

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |