[WikiEN-l] Votes for Deletion

Martin Harper martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 22:06:07 UTC 2003

> All right, Votes for Deletion is broken.

And has been for some time. Are you volunteering to write the code to fix it?

> We should trust users to remove pages from VfD
that should *obviously* not be deleted

We already do this. However, we only do this where there is consensus, or the
expectation of consensus, that the page should obviously not be deleted. Basically,
you can remove a page from VfD whenever you are confident that nobody will object
to your removal.

Where you've removed a page because the issue has been resolved by a redirect,
move it to ''redirects for deletion'' as a quick check that the resulting redirect is not
going to cause any problems.

When unlisting a page, move the conversation to the talk page of the article in
question, or to the user who listed it. I think all this stuff is already written down in our
deletion policy, by the way, so that's always good reading. Thrilling stuff it is, too.

-Martin "MyRedDice" Harper