[WikiEN-l] Votes for Deletion

Peter Bartlett pcb21 at btconnect.com
Wed Nov 26 21:38:58 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of The Cunctator

>The current situation is such that if I unlisted a page right away for
any reason, Wikipedians such as Fuzheado and Angela would strenuously
object and
>consider my action an egregious breach of protocol.

>I strongly believe that just in the same way we formally state that we
trust people to immediately delete utter nonsense, we need to formally
state that
>we trust people to immediately take acceptable content off of the Votes
for Deletion page.

Just to give a flavour of current practice he is a short exchange I had
on Talk:VfD this week

As per current policy it's ok to remove pages from VfD before 7 days if
they're obviously fixed isn't it? Pete 00:20, 23 Nov 2003 (UTC)
:Yes. For some value of "obvious". Martin 00:21, 23 Nov 2003 (UTC)
::As long as you can justify it when someone objects and asks you to
explain. Probably if someone objects, they should just relist it though.
Angela 00:33, 23 Nov 2003 (UTC)

I have removed plenty of fixed or non-broken articles from VfD over the
months, and never been pulled up on it. If you are getting pulled up on
it, its because the articles _are_ contentious and need to be debated.
Perhaps you are being too bold?

Pete/Pcb21