[WikiEN-l] William Connelley no longer neutral contributor (Re: toJimbo)

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Tue Nov 25 10:24:53 UTC 2003

Gareth Owen wrote:

>"Tim the Enchanter" <t-money at thehouse.ws> writes:
>

>>I would say the answer to that is no.  You could go to a library and look up
>>GW and you would find numerous books on either side of the argument.
>>

>Or you could look in scientific journalists.  You will find a great many
>scholarly papers supporting GW, and comparitively very few that do not.
>They may be wrong, but they're not really sharply divided.
>
>Don't judge cutting edge science by what appears in the popular press.
>If you want to know what scientists are thinking, look in journals.

Well, perhaps "comparatively few", but certainly not "none" or "almost
none".  They've declined in number recently, but there are still a good
number of "sceptical" papers being published.  There was one in Climate
Research pushed just a few months ago (January 2003) by Soon and
Baliunus that raised somewhat of a ruckus (abstract at
http://www.int-res.com/abstracts/cr/v23/n2/p89-110.html, among other
places).  Whether this paper or any others are accurate or not is
another matter, but it is true that they're being published in
mainstream peer-reviewed journals, by researchers at fairly prestigious
institutions.

-Mark