[WikiEN-l] Communist paper apologises but Wikipedia endorses the malicious claim!

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Sun Nov 9 01:20:45 UTC 2003

At 07:33 PM 11/8/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Fred Bauder [mailto: fredbaud at ctelco.net] wrote:
>
> > No problem if that's what it was.
>
>Unfortunately, it doesn't meet even that standard. Pogrom is an
>organized crime. What happened in Gujarat was riots. Stop
>pretending that only Whites are civilized while the rest of the
>world is barbaric.

Huh? Nobody is saying anything of the kind. Pogroms are something
that white people have clearly committed--whether or not the term
applies to the actions we're discussing in India, it definitely applies
to Russia, and to specific crimes committed by people who are
generally classified as white--and I don't think anyone is claiming that
pogroms are evidence of civilization.