[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Nov 7 19:39:24 UTC 2003

Jake Nelson wrote:

>Rick wrote:
>
>>Please explain to those of us who are "deletionist" idiots (gee, isn't it
>>
>nice how you can just pigeonhole all of the people who make frequent use of
>VfD into ONE category?) what useful purpose all of these steps serve.
>
>Funny, I don't think I used the word deletionist anywhere in what I wrote
>(the subject has it, but that's because I don't change subject lines in
>replies). I'm trying to avoid it.

I have unapologetically used the word "deletionist", but not in
conjunction with the word idiot.  I've also used the term "inclusionsit"
to refer to the other side in the debate.  For me these represent
general tendencies rather than any kind of absolute positions.

If someone has better terms, I can adapt.

Calling them "abortionists" for what they do to baby articles might not
be suitable ;-)