[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Fri Nov 7 03:52:20 UTC 2003

Rick wrote:
> Please explain to those of us who are "deletionist" idiots (gee, isn't it
nice how you can just pigeonhole all of the people who make frequent use of
VfD into ONE category?) what useful purpose all of these steps serve.

Funny, I don't think I used the word deletionist anywhere in what I wrote
(the subject has it, but that's because I don't change subject lines in
replies). I'm trying to avoid it.
All of these steps? I proposed a few different possible actions, but under
the one I currently favor, this is all the steps:
1. redirect to [[Wikipedia:Junk page]]
2. Check the 'What links here' on that page periodically to see if you see
anything to be rescued.
3. post-moratorium, check the 'What links here' on that page and decide what
to get rid of.

I think that's equal to or less than adding it to VFD, adding a VFD notice
to the page, and then dealing with VFD discussion.

-- Jake