[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Fri Nov 7 03:45:32 UTC 2003

Rick wrote:
> Why can't you just indicate on VfD why you think the article is valid?
VFD is a nasty sucking void of attention. It seems like there's almost
always at least two lists on it, for no other reason than that they're
lists. Things like that. Looking at it today, it's not as bad as last week,
though. Still, there's some things that just keep coming up. I want to try
stopping it altogether for a couple weeks or so to give everyone a break
from it and do other things... and to see what really happens. I'm not
proposing an end to deletion, just that we try not doing it for a period and
observe results. What's the harm?

> Why would we want to keep blank articles around?

Blanking is a much more equal thing than deletion- anyone can do it, and
people can still see histories if it's just blank. And deleted articles are
"kept around", as well... just not where normal users can see them.

-- Jake