[WikiEN-l] World domination. Step one

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jul 7 10:17:56 UTC 2003

webmaster wrote:

>I think right now we need to focus on publicity.  But as pointed out on [[Wikipedia talk:Press release: Wikipedia surpasses Britannica]], we shouldn't do that until the wikipedia foundation is open for donations.  So...
>...What's being done about this?  What can I do to help?  I know there is a website for a company somewhere that will do donation transactions for non-profits for free (I'll go look into that now.)  Anyhow, who is working on this, and what can I do to help move it along?

I don't think that publicity needs to be a major focus at all.  It
didn't take a lot of publicity for WP to catch EB.  Our product is our
best publicity.  An occasional news release when something notable
happens may be all the publicity we need.  What would we be trying to
accomplish with publicity?

Ec