[WikiEN-l] Erik's rewriting of policy pages unilaterally

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 22:43:39 UTC 2003

>Look, James, I know that it's fun slandering me, but I would appreciate it
>if you could stop for a second and actually read what I wrote. Thanks.

Yes I did read what you wrote and no I am not slandering you. I have a great
deal of respect for you but I think unilaterally rewriting a policy page
without a debate is grossly wrong. I am not always on wiki, neither are most
people. How are we to know if you have made a major change to a page if by
the time we come on your change has slipped from the Recent Changes list,
unless we go into every policy page and link it to our watchlist. A debate
can only happen if people know about it.

There are plenty of things on the policy pages that I believe are misguided
but I would not dream of going on and unilaterally changing them. I have
noticed a few changes to policy pages (not by you BTW). I always presumed
that they must have been debated and agreed first and that I had simply
missed the debate. Now you have me wondering if every change ''was'' debated
or if they were the unilateral work of some user that no-one noticed in
time, they know becoming a 'rule' by default.

JT.