[WikiEN-l] Catholicism

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Jul 23 20:21:03 UTC 2003

Well, Abe, the only concern is that the exception I outlined only
applies to sysops who legitimately step in to protect a page in the
first place.

The decision tree looks like this:

Q1.  Have I been involved in the edit war?

A1.  Yes --> don't protect the page, and it's probably best to let the
other person win for today to end the edit war, and if the remaining
participants keep having an edit war, ask another uninvolved sysop
to protect the page.

A2.  No --> protect the page, proceed to Q2.

Q2.  Is there some edit that needs to be urgently made to fix the
page, or is there some very cautious thing I could do that's likely
to help for now?

A2.  Cautiously make the edit.