[WikiEN-l] Catholicism

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 19:59:22 UTC 2003

--- Abe Sokolov <sokolov47 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not apologizing. My protection of the page was
> justified. It received support beforehand and I have
> since noticed that it has been defended.
>

> BTW, this comment on the mailing list by Jimmy Wales
> seems to support my action: "Sysops should generally
> not edit a page that has been protected due to
>
> a dispute, whether or not they were involved in the
> edit war to start
>
> with.  I say "generally not" because of course there
> can be
>
> exceptions, for example rolling back to a version
> before the edit war
>
> might be useful in some cases, or attempting a
> one-shot temporary
>
> compromise."

Cp of what I put on Erik page

:Sorry 172. But what you did was neither reverting to
a version *previous* to the edit war (which was 51
edits ago
[http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Catholicism&oldid=1178359])
nor an attempt in compromise in any way (since it just
consisted in reverting all the other editor edits).
What you did was not following these two guidelines
Jimbo mentionned. Don't try to mislead us here please.
We can all make mistakes from time to time. Especially
in an edit war with heated spirits. That is no big
deal in the end.[[user:Anthere]]