[WikiEN-l] Please stop abuse and trolling (a minor correction)

martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk martin at myreddice.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 19:22:38 UTC 2003

Hi all.

I'd like to make a minor correction to Jtdirl's (James Duffy) recent email concerning
RK's talk page.

Jtdirl said that the following paragraph:

> "My apologises, I just thought that your naming of the link to: "Deir Yassin
Remembered; This pro-Palestinian site claims that there was little military
conflict, and that 100 Arabs were flat-out murdered." was a little...
inflammatory."

Was written by "Pizza Puzzle". In fact, this paragraph was contributed by [[user:BL]],
unsigned. RK removed it when he removed the edits of Pizza Puzzle and
EntmootsOfTrolls, presumably by accident. You can verify this in the page history of
RK's talk page. [1]

Incidentally, BL's apology was in response to this comment on hir talk page by RK:

> "Um, your "Stop being a Moron" comment was not helpful. We need to cooperate to make Wikipedia articles better. When you interject into discussions that you are a not a part of, just to insult me, it doesn't help anyone." [2]

The edit comment in question can be seen in the page history of our article on the
Deir Yassin "massacre". [3]

BL's apology is in stark contrast to RK's behaviour later that day on the talk page of
[[Terrorism against Israelis]]", where he told BL "your statements are abhorrent",
accused hir of "a deep hatred of Israeli Jews" and advised hir to "Control yourself
and get over you [sic] hatred of Israel". [4]

Apparently, this is the reward one gets for trying to be nice to RK. Personally, I have
run out of patience with RK's insults, and intend to deal with them as I see fit.

Yours sincerely,
Martin "MyRedDice" Harper

1: http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:RK&action=history
2: