[WikiEN-l] Delirum's unfair criticisms

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 17:25:14 UTC 2003

Delirium writes:
> [[User:RK]] is, as is probably obvious, somewhat of a
> pro-Israeli activist, and is becoming difficult to clean
> up.  The latest thing I've noticed is him adding
> 2-paragraph-long attacks on Arab anti-Semitism to
> articles such as [[George Washington]] and [[Benjamin
> Franklin]], in the guise of "defending" their "tarnished"
> reputations against charges of anti-Semitism stemming
> from little-known fabricated quotes.

I find your attack on me unwarrented, and your ignorance of
the topic very problematic.

These particular quotes are most certainly not "little
known". Wikipedia was the subject of repeated anti-Semitic
vandalism by people putting in fake quotes into the
articles of well-known (and highly respected) historical
figures.

These "little known" quotes, as you call them, in fact are
very widely distributed in hundreds of print sources,
books, journals, and now exist on thousands of virulently
anti-Semitic, pro-KKK, pro-Nazi websites, and some
pro-Islamist websites.  If you imagine that these
extremel;y well-known and widely used anti-Semitic
fabrications are little known, then this just means you are
totally ignorant of this particular subject.  They are just
as predominant and widely used as "The Protocols of the
Eldars of zion".

Wikipedia should not be vandalized by agitators who use
recognized and proven forgeries to put anti-Semitic
diatribes in the mouths of well-respected historical
figures. What about this do you find problematic?  In fact,
noticing this problem and identifying it to prevent future
abuse is precisely the kind of work we need to encourage in
all Wikipedia articles.

How can you can connect this to the Arab-Israeli dispute is
beyond me. That connection only exists in your mind. How
you can twist this necessary clarification into "pro
Israeli" propaganda is beyond me, and frankly, quite
disturbing.

Is exposing fraud and proven forgeries now pro-Israeli?  Is
creating and promoting fraud now pro-Arab?  Come on.

With concern,

Robert (RK)