[WikiEN-l] jimbo and lir and the wiki too!

Adam Adam
Fri Jul 4 01:59:45 UTC 2003

The only reason my email name says Adam, is because one of the reasons I was banned, was that a few of you didn't like the fact that my email name didnt say Adam. I dunno why, but Im sure you have some very "good" reasons.

I have already apoligized for numerous actions, it is a lie to say I have not. I am sure that you will be disagreeable at my insinuation that you are not being honest; but I have apoligized and if you don't know that - its because you have chosen not to know. I have apoligized, and you have decided not to accept my apology. This has occurred on numerous occasions, spanning the past 8 months. I have apoligized, you have not accepted the apology. Please stop acting as if I have failed to apoligize.

I am sorry that you feel I have "publically lied" about why I was banned, there is little I can do to refute your allegations that I have some evil agenda. I have a right to try and understand I was banned, and part of that right involves my attempting to explain, in my own words, why I was banned:

As I understand it, I was banned for:

* suggesting that there might be latent racism behind certain naming conventions
* calling mav a fuckhead for not acting in what I felt was a reasonable manner
* making Zoe upset
* stepping on Larry Sanger's toes
* attacking RK for being a Jew
* attacking Clutch for telling the truth
* not making enough friends, leaving me without a substantial defense
* alleging that there might be a cabal arrayed against me
* suggesting that the position of a "benevolent monarch" was totalitarian
* engaging in an edit war over the name of an Italian and a spot in Vietnam
* making too many suggestions for changes, thus "stirring up trouble"
* not using the minor edits flag enough
* not using the major edits flag enough
* making too many edits, on the same article, in too short of a time period
* and not taking the time to go back over my edits and fix errors, instead leaving them for other editors to fix
* too frequently using POV in articles
* too frequently using NPOV in articles
* not using the name which certain users felt I should use
* creating a user page which was not considered "tasteful" or "well formatted"
* causing an amount of vandalism such that the wiki will not recover during this decade
* lying and twisting words and the truth to fit my own needs
* trolling constantly
* etc

Im sure there are many more reasons.