[WikiEN-l] Re: Michael again *sigh*

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 23:43:21 UTC 2003

Tim Starling wrote:

>I've just made a change to the software
>which allows sysops to ban logged-in
>users. See my post in wikitech-l for the
>technical details. It is currently in CVS.
>Once it's live, it should be a great help for
>dealing with Michael.

Thank you Tim! At least now we will force the vandals to take the time needed
to create a new login and force their modem to fetch a new IP address.

Auto expiration of IP bans and rollback of page moves would also be nice...

Anything to slow down vandals like Micheal and the MIT vandal is a good thing.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)