[WikiEN-l] structure/ideas for people pages?

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Sun Aug 31 00:10:34 UTC 2003

Hello -

I am new to this list, but I do not see relevant posts in the archive.

Is there any interest in analyzing the structure of people pages and
relationships between them?

People pages seem to have a loosely defined structure. It might be
interesting to analyze these pages and automatically build up
meta-content that relates people to each other, or that provides for a
more consistent searchability of people.

I have done related work with California state lobbying and campaign
finance information. This information is published electronically by
the state, but the format obfuscates the identity of individuals and
the relationships between them. I have been working on disambiguating
these people and relationships.

Certainly there are other structured relationship that could be looked
at. A genealogy is one example. But there are also ad hoc relationships
that can be developed. When one person's page mentions another person's
page, for example. This fact could be captured in meta-information that
would allow the browsing of these relationships.

Please let me know if there is a better source for this information,
apart from this list. It does not seem that there is a separate list
for content rather than the discussion of ... um... personalities, but
any pointers would be appreciated.

thanx - ray

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:RayKiddy