[WikiEN-l] threats and abuse from IP user

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 04:52:03 UTC 2003

>james duffy wrote, quoting the vandal du jour:
> > Listen you fucking moron, I can use whatever language I want in the
> > duscussion pages. The article however, are a different story.
>
>Jimbo responded:
>Actually, courtesy to others is mandated at all times, and personal
>attacks are neer the right thing to do.  It's completely beyond the
>pale for this person or anyone else to call someone a 'moron', fucking
>or celibate.
>
> > I have blocked him again. The blocks are on 68.120.204.62,
>68.120.205.147
> > and 68.120.205.218. Any suggestions about deal with this bigot?
>
>Well, it's very unfortunate, but 68.120.204.* and 68.120.205.* may
>find themselves all blocked in a few days if he doesn't give up.
>
>One possibility is to invite him to the mailing list, or to email me.
>Maybe I can calm him down, or maybe when faced with the need to
>justify his statements, he'll realize that they are inappropriate.

I don't know if it is the same person (it is in the 67 range this time, but
the 68 user did threaten to bring on friends to 'hit' Jewish-orientated
articles) but some rather dodgy comments have started to appear that sound
like what in Ireland is known as 'taking the piss' (ironic ridicule).

This appeared on the [[Talk:Israel]] page:

I hate it when a bunch of lowly Goyim make comments about Israel. When are
these Goyishe Kop losers going to realize that Yahveh created them to be
ruled by us?

This was put in [[Jew]]:

Jews are very nice people, and it is extremely unfair that so many different
cultures from different parts of the world, at different periods of human
history, have said similar things about this nice peopel. Terrible
attributes like stinginess, tight-fistedness, money-grabbing, greedy,
conspiring, networking amongst themselves to the detriment of their host
nation, living parasitic lives among the Goyim, and other unfair attributes
of the sort, are just false and unfair accusations, probably out of jealousy
because the Jews are so good-looking that the lowly Goyim have always been
jealous of this nice shadow nation.

It is not clear how so many different cultures from vastly different
geographic areas, at different times have all said similar things about the
Jews, but studies have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that these
accusations all spring from the jealousy of the Goyim (plural of Goy; Goy in
Hebrew means non-Jew).

I removed the above stuff that he put on the talk page. His response was

# 05:38, 23 Aug 2003 Talk:Israel (Motherfucker, do not delete stuff form
discussion pages.) He then proceded to put back in the comments. I rolled
them back and blocked the IP.

Either [[Israel]] and related articles has just happened to become
'nutter-central' in terms of the people whom it has attracted in the last 3
days, or someone (and maybe a friend) is deliberately trying to 'hit' these
articles to provoke people.

JT