[WikiEN-l] Easter Bradford

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Sun Aug 10 17:52:57 UTC 2003

At 09:41 AM 8/10/2003, you wrote:

>--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> wrote:
> > In the year in the future when I win both the Nobel
> > Peace Prize and
> > the Grammy for my a capella lipsynched rendition of
> > old Milli Vanilli
> > classics, I will permit an article about me.
> >
> > --Jimbo
>
>Even if you were just CEO of Bomis and Wikipedia was
>started by someone else, you'd still deserve an
>article. But as head of a giant free encyclopedia
>project, the biggest and most useful wiki in
>existance, you definately deserve one. There are
>already stubs about you in other langauages, such as
>polish. Why can't these accomplishments be enough?
>-LittleDan

The irony here is that Jimbo can't really /prevent/ us from creating an
article about him without using a bit of heavy-handed dictatorial power
(which he usually seems loath to do).

So, it would seem, that if enough of us think there ought to be an article
about him, his "permission" would be hardly necessary. :)

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321