[WikiEN-l] I really do wish I could talk to Jtdirl

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Wed Aug 6 03:23:34 UTC 2003

on 8/5/03 7:08 PM, Robert at rkscience100 at yahoo.com wrote:

> In theory, I agree with you. However, I also agreed with
> Jtdirl that these topics (Arab refugees and Jewish
> refugees) should be discussed on Wikipedia. That's moderate
> as well. I just was shocked by his false claims of
> censorship. (Especially since we have more than three
> articles discussing this subject!)
>
> When we work together for months to whip articles into
> decent shape, it seems inappropriate, and a violation of
> Wikipedia policy, to do an end-run around them by starting
> a new discussion on the same subject, pushing only Jtdirl's
> point of view. I am not the only person who has pointed
> this out.

Well, its like some absurdist play (I remember one about a body in the room
that everyone tries to ignore).

You can't have a legitimate Israel article that leaves out the conquest and
subjugation of the Palestinians anymore than you can have a People's
Republic of China article without a prominent link to totalitarianism and
authoritarianism.

You can't ignore an elephant in the room and maintain your legitimacy as an
authoritative reference.

Fred