[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia more popular than Britannica!

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 16:24:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Oliver Pereira wrote:

> Since I've only just heard of these people, I may be getting this wrong,
> but it seems from what I've been reading that there are two different
> Safras being discussed here. The chap who died in the fire was Edmond
> Jacob Safra (August 6, 1931 or 1932 - December 3, 1999), while the chap
> who bought the "Encyclopaedia Britannica" is his nephew Jacob Safra
> (born c. 1950), who as far as I can tell is still alive...

Sorry, I meant "c. 1960". The following article, dated March 1, 1998, says
that Jacob Safra is "supposed to be in his late 30s".

> * http://www.adamdavidson.com/tencyc.html

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |